- Objectives of this Focus Area
- Ensure that standardised and FAIR data documentation is based on a commonly agreed ontology ecosystem.
- At the NMBP applied level:
- Mapping all EU and international standardisation initiatives on taxonomy and ontology-based standardisation of data documentation in NMBP related domains and discuss with them how the Ontology Commons EcoSystem (OCES) can incorporate their data documentation systems and what the increased data sharing impact of standardised data documentation in their field can be.
- Direct liaison with European and international initiatives and SDOs (eCl@ss, IOF, ISO in particular TC 184, ASTM, ISA-TAB-NANO, ETSI SAREF, CEN CENELEC, ONEM2M, W3C) to contribute to semantic implementations of interoperability standards and creation of dedicated working groups.
- Contributions to the Metadata and Ontologies challenge of EOSC, addressing the needs of individual communities and sub-communities in the NMBP area for an overarching, coordinated approach to metadata and ontologies, that can be reached by filling the gap of interoperability.
- At the development of semantic tools level:
- Participation in the European Observatory For ICT Standardisation (EUOS), led by the CSA H2020 project StandICT.eu, and support the creation of a Technical Working Group (TWG) focused on standardisation applied to ontologies.
- Direct liaison with European and international initiatives and SDOs (eCl@ss, IOF, ISO TC184, IEC JTC1, ETSI SAREF, CEN CENELEC, ONEM2M, W3C) to contribute to international standardisation.
- Collaboration with RDA and its groups to elaborate recommendations for standardised data documentation based on ontologies and taxonomies.
- Reasons to join this Focus area
- Discover the state of EU contributions to Ontologies in the international standards arena.
- Discover the OntoCommons.eu FAIR principles and standardised data documentation based on ontologies and taxonomies recommendations.
- Create or consult the Focus Area posts and repository files to share or collect ideas for future co-organised workshops or future collaborations.
- Network with projects and initiatives with similar objectives.
Focus Area contact:
Silvana Muscella (Trust-IT) - s.muscella[at]trust-itservices.com
Yann Le Franc (e-SDF) - ylefranc[at]esciencefactory.com
Only OntoCommons members with an “expert account” can join and contribute to this Focus Area. Log in with your OntoCommons expert account.Login
Help shaping the future of the OntoCommons Roadmap by filling in our surveyby r.giuffrida
With the release of the second iteration of the OntoCommons Roadmap approaching, the OntoCommons consortium aims to gather new strategic insights building on the results of the first version.