OntoCommons is partner of the 2021 (and 11th) edition of the International Workshop on Formal Ontologies meet Industry. OntoCommons will participate with a dedicated session, probably physical, according to the COVID-19 measures in September, when the event will take place.
FOMI is an international forum where academic researchers and industrial practitioners meet to analyse and discuss application issues related to methods, theories, tools and applications based on formal ontologies.
There is today wide agreement that knowledge modelling and the semantic dimension of information play an increasingly central role in networked economy: semantic-based applications aim to provide a framework for information and knowledge sharing, reliable information exchange, meaning negotiation and coordination between distinct organizations or among members of the same organization.
Theoretical ideas seem often very promising but their actual implementation brings up unexpected problems and issues. The FOMI 2021 Workshop aims to collect useful experiences and lessons learned by the presentation of:
- Experience with problems in ontology application.
- New insights on known problematic issues.
- New results.
- Successes and observations in ontology implementation.
- Lessons learned on the best way to apply ontological methodologies to real-world situations.
FOMI 2021 will facilitate open discussion and experience sharing. Very similar problems arise in disparate ontology applications and an open discussion helps to highlight commonalities and to spread ideas for possible solutions. For this reason, FOMI welcomes researchers and practitioners that embrace this perspective without restrictions on the domains they deal with: business, medicine, engineering, finance, law, biology, geography, electronics, etc.
- 21 June 2021 - Abstract submission deadline
- 03 July 2021 - Extended paper submission deadline
- 09 August 2021 - Notification of acceptance
- 23 August 2021 - Camera-ready version
- 13-16 September 2021 - JOWO workshop (exact FOMI date TBD).
Visit the event page: https://www.ohio.edu/fomi2021/index.html