- Objectives of this Focus Area
- Development of a Top Reference Ontology (TRO) to allow Top-Level Ontology (TLO) comparison and interoperability providing a foundation for harmonisation and data sharing between ontologies based on different TLOs.
- Definition of an open top-level ontological framework.
- Development of the Mid-Level Ontology (MLO) that will constitute the foundation of the Domain-Level-Ontology (DLO) and provide terminological alignment between MLOs belonging to different TLOs branches.
- Identify and engage existing ontology experts stakeholders for input gathering, feedback and community agreement.
- Reasons to join this Focus area
- Discover how to express human knowledge through a widely applicable and general methodology that is easily processable by digital devices to enable the exploitation of the computational power of modern HPC facilities and software.
- Discover how to facilitate the interoperability between standards, vocabularies, data, and software tools.
- Contribute to creating a generic data documentation methodology that enables to easily find, assess, interpret, and retrieve data generated in different sectors.
- Network with projects and initiatives with similar objectives.
Focus Area contact:
Emanuele Ghedini (Università di Bologna) - emanuele.ghedini[at]unibo.it
With the release of the second iteration of the OntoCommons Roadmap approaching, the OntoCommons consortium aims to gather new strategic insights building on the results of the first version.
Thread for the discussion of the OntoCommons Concept Cluster: Commercial Product, and the related Bridge-Concepts